The Forager star gazing Shepherd’s hut is central in the forest garden (aka food forest – full of edible plant!) with the ground gently sloping away below the Forager and a long southern valley in front of it giving it stunning view of Eggardon Hill – an iron age hill fort on the horizon. Perfectly positioned to enjoy colourful sunrises!
About the Forager
French doors give you access to the Foraer, which is equipped with antiques and restored furnishings to give a relaxed country style. The kingsized bed has ample storage below and a pull out table for intimate dinners for two. Each hut is individually decorated. The ensuite includes our own handmade Fizzly Tree natural soap beside the marble basin.
The Forager has its own outside private fire pit and access to a BBQ hut shared with only the Artisan shepherd’s hut.
Guests quite often book the wood fired hot tub for the duration of their stay – or possibly a welcome hamper to make it an extra special treat!
- Kitchen includes a single ring induction hob, kettle, toaster, china, cutlery, and washing up facilities with Ecover washing up liquid and tea-towel.
- Tea, coffee, oil and sugar provided.
- There is LED lighting and mains sockets in the Artisan. A candle lantern is also supplied.
- Your own ensuite shower & flushing toilet within the hut with our own brand Fizzly Tree soap made from natural ingredients and scented with essential oils. Toilet paper is also provided.
- Luxurious kingsize bed with snuggly feather duvet and star-gazing roof-light set in the copper ceiling, with bed linen and fluffy towels provided.
- We are surrounded by a fabulous network of footpaths and bridleways – we supply a walking map.
- For chill out days there is a range of books and games to enjoy beside the fire.
- Private outdoor seating area with fire pit and a store of wood for your use during your stay.
- Hammock to chill in on a warm sunny day.
- Use of BBQ hut with grill in the centre and chimney above. The Forager Fridge is in the BBQ hut.
- A range of hampers that can be pre-ordered to be waiting for you in the Forager for your arrival. There is also a range of local beers, ciders and other drinks that can be ordered during your stay from the menu in your hut.
- Wood-burning stove with a stock of kiln dried wood and firelighters for chilly mornings.
- For those in and electric car – EV charging is available.
- Minimum of 2 night stay or 3 nights over bank holidays, with check-ins on Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
- Foraer prices range from £90-£130.
- Weekday prices are Sunday to Thursday, weekend prices are Friday and Saturday
- The option of your own private wood fired hot tub – the perfect place to enjoy the twinkling stars. This is £50 for the duration of your stay.
- Check-in is from 3:30 and check-out is before 10:30.
- A link to our Visitor’s Guide is given to guests a few weeks before arrival to help you plan your stay.5