Star Gazing Window Over The Bed and Option to Book with Hot Tub
In a Nutshell…
- The Astronomer with optional hot tub prices range from £125-£160 per night depending on the season or the the time of week
– Minimum of 2 nights stay.
Deposit for dates booked more than 4 weeks in advance is 30%; balance is due 4 weeks before check in date;
Your own private wood fired hot tub is £50 and covers the duration of your stay;
Check availability calendar here – then on the Book your Hut Page you can choose to check in on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday – then select your check-out date.
- For all bookings of 3 nights or more made directly through our website we will include a complimentary cocktail and truffles hamper (worth £20)
The Astronomer star gazing Shepherd’s hut is our newest addition, with a kingsized bed facing onto our expansive views and a panoramic glass roof panel in the unique copper ceiling directly over the bed. Made up with deluxe Angel Strawbridge bed linen, it is set in its own private outdoor space with covered BBQ area and with hot tub.
About the Astronomer
French doors give you access to the Astronomer, which is equipped with antiques and restored furnishings to give a relaxed country style. The fitted bed has ample storage below and a pull out table for intimate dinners for two. The ensuite’s basin was chosen from the bazaars of Morocco and includes our own handmade Fizzly Tree natural soap.
The Astronomer is set apart beside a copse, with its own outside private eating area and covered BBQ area.
There is a single additional £50 charge to have the shepherd’s hut with hot tub for the duration of your stay – or possibly choose a welcome hamper to make it an extra special treat!
- Kitchen includes a single ring induction hob, kettle, toaster, fridge, china, cutlery, and washing up facilities with Ecover washing up liquid and tea-towel.
- Tea, coffee, oil and sugar provided.
- There is LED lighting and mains sockets in the Astronomer. A candle lantern is also supplied.
- Your own ensuite shower & flushing toilet within the hut with our own brand Fizzly Tree soap made from natural ingredients and scented with essential oils. Toilet paper is also provided.
- Luxurious kingsize bed with snuggly feather duvet and star-gazing roof-light set in the copper ceiling, with bed linen and fluffy towels provided.
- We are surrounded by a fabulous network of footpaths and bridleways – we supply a walking map.
- For chill out days there is a range of books and games to enjoy beside the fire.
- Private outdoor seating area in a covered pergola beside your own chimney BBQ grill and a store of wood for your use during your stay.
- Hammock to chill in on a warm sunny day.
- A range of hampers that can be pre-ordered to be waiting for you in the Astronomer for your arrival. There is also a range of local beers, ciders and other drinks that can be ordered during your stay from the menu in your hut.
- A locally made wood-burning stove with a stock of kiln dried wood and firelighters for chilly mornings.
- For those in and electric car – EV charging is available.
- If you book the shepherd’s hut with hot tub then the hot tub is prepared ahead of your arrival – cleaned, filled and started to heat.